Translate

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Can We Go Outside Yet?

Over wintered 09-10 part 1:
Every fall, I bring in one pot of each geranium variety I had in the garden that summer.  I simply give each one a bath, trim them back to fit on my plant stand and settle them in for a winter's rest.  I water them enough to survive in the dry house air, and I take cutting off them in early fall when they're still growing to try and start more plants.  As winter progresses, I usually lose some of the geraniums. This winter, I only got a couple of cuttings to root but I kept all three of the mother plants alive!  One is a purple and white Martha Washington geranium, one is a fuschia ivy geranium and one is a classic white geranium.  They want to go outside...not yet!

This post is property of http://gardenonsherlockstreet.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street