Translate

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Onion Sets, Spinach & Kohlrabi

Spring returned today.  I took advantage of the nice afternoon and put in my onion sets (red and yellow) at one end of the new raised vegetable bed and around a cold frame on the first raised vegetable bed.  I sprinkled a little straw around them and gave them a good drink.  I also planted spinach (bloomsdale long standing) and kohlrabi (early white vienna) inside the cold frame on the first raised vegetable bed.  I've never grown spinach before and was surprised at how large the seeds are.  I was expecting something like leaf lettuce seed.  I also moved a soaker hose from one flower bed to another, and put in the fence trellis for the peas.  It was good to have spring back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street