Translate

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Rain Gauge Report 2010 04 14



.30" of rain in the gauge.

Rain Barrel Status
1st rain barrel is full.
2nd rain barrel is less than one quarter full.
3rd rain barrel is empty.

I used the last of the water in the rain barrels the other day so I'm very glad we had a shower early this morning.  It was very windy yesterday.  I knew I would need to water all my veggie sprouts this morning.  Because of the rain, I only needed to water inside the cold frames.  May be switching rain gauges soon though.  The one I'm using is cute, but the marks are on the "holder" so I have to pull the whole thing out of the ground to read it, or lay on the sidewalk to look at it at eye level.

This post is property of http://gardenonsherlockstreet.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. I'm getting ready to make my rain barrels soon. Can't wait. It's only taken me two plus years to get ready:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~tina
    You'll be amazed at how much use you'll get out of them! Post photos when they're ready!
    ~GonSS

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got almost an inch of rain the other day, according to my rain gauge, but sadly I did not collect any because i hadn't yet moved my good barrel into place. This winter I left some water in my main rain barrel and when it froze, it split apart (lesson learned!). I have two more barrels and I am acquiring two more barrels at $20 each from a car wash.
    Maybe you can mount the rain gauge on a pole and it would be easier to read that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~David in Kansas
    Until this year, I had a rain gauge on a pole but my arbirvide are doing so well I can barely get to the pole any more. I may have to put in a new pole or something somewhere else. All your rain barrels sound good. Start catching that rain!
    ~GonSS

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street