Translate

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Veggie Update

I planted some lettuce in the first raised vegetable bed.  Then, I laid a twig over the area.  It keeps the neighborhood cats from digging in there while the seeds sprout.  Does anyone else do this?


The cold frame on the first raised vegetable bed is looking three fourths good.  We should be eating radishes any day now and the kohlrabi are growing.  However, there is this big gap on the right hand side where my spinach should be sprouted.  Somehow, I completely missed the instructions to soak the seeds first.  This is my first year planting spinach.  So, that area has been replanted with soaked spinach seeds.  We'll see how they do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street