Translate

Sunday, May 2, 2010

28 Containers...

I like having a lot of planted containers.  This year, I have 28 containers ready to plant.  23 are shown below and I had 5 galvanized containers that were outside over the winter which I forgot to take photos of for this post.  I promise to get them after I plant them.  Some will get starts.  Some will get seeds.  Some will get cuttings.  Some will get a mixture of those.  I'm sure I'll add a few containers for plants I acquire during the growing season.  Plus, I'll put some house plants outside, and I overwintered three geraniums.  So, I guess the title should be, "28 Containers And Counting."  You'll notice that I like putting some containers on pedestals.







I really should get a larger liner for this basket but I'm going to let it make due for one more year.




This container got parked in the soon to be smothered lawn in the back yard.  We'll move it once we know better where some of our paths will be but I think it's pretty close to where it will spend the summer.


This is the water garden tub.


Cute new galvanized bucket I bought this spring. 


These next three galvanized buckets came from our amazing gardening neighbor.  She was the first person to welcome us to the neighborhood and quickly became a dear friend.  Her garden gate was always open.  She had the most amazing garden.  I need to make a list of all the plants in our garden that came from hers.  She was always sharing whatever she could with us.  We helped her with whatever we could for her many projects.  She bravely fought cancer the past four years.  When she realized she couldn't fight it anymore, she was blessed with amazing energy to enjoy the end of her life.  Then, she quickly left this world two weeks ago.  She gave us these buckets just days before passing.  She knew we were collecting gavanized containers for the garden and found these while going through some things with one of her daughters.  We keep expecting her to come into the garden to see what we're planting.  We are better for having had her in our garden and our lives.  I added "amazing gardening neighbor" to the labels to help track all those plants she gave me over the years.
Rest in peace amazing gardening neighbor. 




2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what comes spilling out of them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! It looks like you will be busy!! Can't wait to see the finished pictures--your picnic benches look GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete