Translate

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A May Tour

There is a new Tour of Garden on Sherlock Street under pages in the right hand column.  I took the photos yesterday after the thunderstorm went through.  I love taking photos after a rain.  Everything looks "richer."  You'll see a lot of purple flowers in the garden currently.  Everything is growing and I feel like I've got most things "settled" into where they'll be for the growing season.  In the photo of the alley, you'll notice that the mulberry bush is missing between our property and the neighbor's. It has once again been cut down because it was in the way of vehicles traveling the alley.  It'll probably resprout.  I also noticed you can see the tire tracks in the grass from us backing the truck up there to unload compost and mulch last weekend.  Enjoy the tour!

6 comments:

  1. What a good idea to post photos of your garden each month! It makes for a wonderful album. Love the purple flowers. Mine has the same for some reason too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~tina
    I'm hoping to make a slide show so you can watch the changes but haven't figured out picasa web albums and the slide show gadget yet.
    ~GonSS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. I need to get myself to do this. Maybe this weekend. I still haven't captured the yards "starting point" on film.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this idea as well. I see that the picnic table is done and set out. Everything looks really good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the home of the new picnic bench!! Do you have a water feature in that cool backyard?? Enjoyed the pictures. I am getting ready to do some landscape photos of my yard too,(if the wind ever stops blowing!!) Primarily to remember which iris are what color, and to see overall color schemes, so I know what other plants should be added!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~Turling
    Having those "before" and "after" photos make you feel so good as you can see the benefits of all the work!

    ~David in Kansas
    Thanks for checking out the tour.

    ~princessdiva
    I have a water container on the patio mostly for the soothing sound but it has some hornwort and snails currently. Planning on a couple fish. I've seen you have a nice water fall feature. I'm trying to take photos of my irises too so I can remember what's where and dig some for other locations.

    ~GonSS

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street