Translate

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Feet


These are not my working garden shoes.  I wear something I can lace tight when I'm digging, raking, mowing, etc.  Also, I wear socks when I'm pounding my feet a lot.
These shoes live by the patio door.  I slip them on when I'm stepping out to put something in the composter, checking the rain gauge or cutting flowers for the dinner table.  They are cheery.  My last pair were green with white daisies.  These are yellow with red lady bugs!


By the way, the first photo also shows the creeping thyme which grows around limestone stepping stones we have off one side of the patio.  It's looking pretty good.

11 comments:

  1. I luv 'em! I have some plain red ones....I think I ought to paint SOME kind of spots on them - flowers, bugs - to brighten them up! They are SO handy, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sherlock Street, I LOVE your shoes for slipping on for those odd but necessary forays into the garden. Wonderful, and the ladybirds are such fun. I also very much like the idea of thyme planted among paving stones so that when one walks it is crushed and releases that pungent but delightful aroma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE shoes!! I just use some flip flops that get kicked off almost anywhere--so I am also ALWAYS looking for them! I think I finally cured my boys of taking off in my flip flops when they have errands outside too!! I can't wait till their feet are bigger than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now those are cute shoes! Love the ladybugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are cute shoes. I have a pair of Crocs I wear for just making quick trips outside. If I plan to spend any time outdoors I have to wear long socks and running shoes to keep from getting mosquito bites on my ankles.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute shoes! I've been looking for some new ones to replace the ones my new dog chewed up with no luck whatsoever. We all need a pair for by the door.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shoes are adorable. I have a pair of shoes that I keep by the back door for the same reason, but they are just a plain old pair of slip on sneakers. Yours are much cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute shoes and I love thyme between the stepping stones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute shoes! We had some wooly thyme between stepping stones one time. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, those are adorable. I have slip on's too for when I want to take a short trip around the garden. Happy summer!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. ~Suzanne
    They're a must in the summer.
    ~GonSS

    ReplyDelete