Translate

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Black Aphids 1 | Gardener 1?


In a post about my containers, I showed you my attacked nasturtiums.  The black aphids really did a number on them.  Well, I put some more seeds in the container and they are sprouting; but I also have new leaves forming on the attacked nasturtiums.  Yea!!  Once I realized what was going on, I was on the watch.  I check this container when I hunt for squash bugs.  The duct tape trick works well on black aphids too.  I had envisioned an overflowing container with lovely naturtium blooms by now.  At this point, I'll be lucky if I have flowers by August.

4 comments:

  1. glad you found the culprit..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been years since I grew nasturtiums, but they are so bright and colorful. I hope you have very good success this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well! Won't August be colorful now????

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~Darla
    They were stealthy!

    ~Mildred
    Me too!

    ~Rebecca
    That's what I'm thinking!

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street