Translate

Monday, July 5, 2010

Rain Gauge Report 2010 07 05


.25" of rain in the gauge.
One drowned firefly.

Rain Barrel Status
1st rain barrel is more than three quarters full.
2nd rain barrel is empty.
3rd rain barrel is empty.

We had occasional sprinkles and light showers early on Independence Day.  The rain held off while we grilled and Christened the new picnic table with some of my wonderful husband's family.



After our city's fireworks show, we returned home and had a second show from our neighbors.  They shot off some pretty impressive fireworks.  After midnight, we got most of the rain.  My order for rain came through just a little shy of the amount.  I'm glad it was a wet Independence Day.  I worry about all the fireworks debris drifting into the yard.  This morning, I found the spent shells amongst the plants in the garden.

I hope you had a great Independence Day.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day. Glad you were able to break in the picnic table!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I envy your rain! I can't believe it happened (almost) exactly as you predicted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~Mildred
    Yes. Another memorable holiday with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rain here waited until the end of the fireworks display on the 4th -- but then we really got rain yesterday! Lots but in spurts -- 10 minutes of rain and then it was gone. But the plants in the garden relish it!

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street