Translate

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Name That Plant


A few years ago, I got this plant free from a local gardening club.  If they said what it is, I've forgotten.  I planted it near the wild area to see what it would do.  It got lost in all the sunflowers, gourds, morning glories, etc. 


This past spring, I found it still growing right where we planned to build a raised vegetable bed.  I moved it.  But, I still don't know what it is.


I've never seen it bloom.  It seems to just grow.  If you know what it is, please leave me a comment.

5 comments:

  1. Wish I could help...nice silvery foliage though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out artemisia. I got one called sea foam last fall. It has silvery foliage and I didn't think it was supposed to bloom, but--over the last week or so, it has gotten some longer stems that have shot above the rest--not a bloom, but something different. I can't see your foliage really closely, but google artemisia and see what you find in the way of close ups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's hard to see..but I think it's some kind of artemisia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It grows WILD around here. I think it is Artemesia, but not sure of what variety.
    It is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~Darla
    I like it too.

    ~Melanie
    I think you're right about it being an artemisia. It looks like there are a lot of different varieties.

    ~Anonymous
    I think you're right too.

    ~Rosey
    What I've read about artemisia sounds good. I may move it to a different spot next year. This was sort of a "let's save the plant" location.

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street