Translate

Monday, August 2, 2010

Tomato Sauce

Tomato Sauce

1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, lightly crushed
4 cups of fresh ripe tomatoes, stemmed--peeled--chopped
4 fresh basil leaves, whole

1. In a large saucepan, gently heat oil, add garlic and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove garlic.

2. Add tomatoes and basil. Over medium heat, bring to boil for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to simmer.

3. Simmer for 15 minutes.  With a potato masher, pulverize tomatoes.  Repeat three more times.

4. Sauce will be smooth but with some chunks of tomato remaining. Remove basil leaves. Serve at once, or allow to cool and freeze.

Makes 4 cups.

This post is property of http://gardenonsherlockstreet.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Okay. I have asked a lot of people and maybe you would be willing to help me figure out the pages for blogger? It seems complicated but I have tried and tried and can't seem to grasp it.
    Thanks...if you don't have time I understand.

    Thanks for sharing this recipe. Fresh tomatoes always make the best sauce. I usually only have canned ones on hand unless I go to the farmers market.

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street