Translate

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Rain Gauge Report 2010 09 19


1.50" of rain in the gauge.

Rain Barrel Status
1st rain barrel is full.
2nd rain barrel is full.
3rd rain barrel is full.

We were out of town when it rained at Garden on Sherlock Street.  According to our neighbor, we had a downpour with wind, but no damage at GonSS.  She said they had two inches in their rain gauge.  I'm guessing there was evaporation from our rain gauge.  I'm glad it rained while we were gone because everything looks good.  There are just a couple of containters that may have dried out too much.  I gave everything a good soaking the night before we left.  Plus, I brought in a couple of houseplants.  I used up the last of the the water in the rain barrels that night.  It was so nice to water everything from the rain barrels again this morning.  I'll post again soon.  I have a lot of flowers blooming.  Plus, I have some fun butterfly photos to share from our trip!

This post is property of http://gardenonsherlockstreet.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. We've had a real deluge the last week -- things are getting saturated now which is good. I love the September rains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~Jeff
    I'd share if I could.

    ~Martha
    Don't wash away down there!!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street