I totally got this idea from Cherry Lane at http://approachingthecrest.blogspot.com/2010/09/scanning-take-one.html. I didn't worry too much about "arranging" the blooms. I thought of it as digitally pressing the plants. I've pressed flowers between pages of a phone book before where they dry into flat representations of their former selves. I see this as a way to keep the color. Plus, it is way faster. I simply placed the blooms on my scanner, carfully lowered the lid and started the scanning process. I did have to clean the scanner serveral times to remove pollen and such. The following are a few blooms that are still looking good on the patio.
This post is property of http://gardenonsherlockstreet.blogspot.com/