Translate

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

1 quart water
2 tablespoons salt
2 cups pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon vegetable oil or melted, unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 250 degrees
Pick through seeds and remove any cut seeds.  Remove as much of the stringy fibers as possible.
Bring the water and salt to a boil.  Add the seeds and boil for 10 minutes.  Drain, spread on kitchen towel or paper towel and pat dry.
Place the seeds in a bowl and toss with oil or melted butter.
Spread evenly on a large cookie sheet or roasting pan.
Place pan in a preheated oven and roast the seeds for 60 to 90 minutes.  Stir about every 10 minutes, until crisp and golden brown.
Cool the seeds, then shell and eat or pack in air-tight containers or zip closure bags and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Yield:  2 cups

This post is property of http://gardenonsherlockstreet.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin seeds but have never baked them myself. Thanks so much for the recipe. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw this recipe I had to smile because I was determined to make these after halloween. I cleaned them off and put them on a pan and stuck them in the oven to fix later. Well, the other day...i look in the oven and what do I see......they are still there and smelling awful. I completely forgot about them. Maybe, next time I will remember.

    ReplyDelete