Translate

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Trying To Stay Warm

After reading that tina at In The Garden insulated her entire greenhouse with bubble wrap, I started thinking that my tiny cold frame could benefit from a little insulation too.


There are little radish and lettuce sprouts in there.


This wasn't a high tech installation.  I took some quick measurements, cut some bubble wrap I had saved from packages and put it along the walls of the cold frame.  I used a little tape in the corners.


It rubs a little where it meets the sliding lids.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Sherlock,
    Bubble wrap works well. Have used it to insulate our greenhouse during some bitter winters. Just watch the ventilation as it seals everything airtight and things can get too damp and musty. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it will help. Isn't that one of the great things about blogging? Trading ideas and such...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Tina's greenhouse story really great too. Glad to see that you used the bubblewrap idea for your little cold frame.

    Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought of this. What a great idea!

    Thanks for sharing...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~Gary
    Thanks for the warning. I'll keep an eye on it.

    ~Darla
    I feel like all the shared ideas are little gifts!

    ~FlowerLady
    Isn't it fun how we feel like a little community sharing each other's gardens?

    ~Sheila
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street