Translate

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Promises In Zipper Bags

I was talking with a friend at work the other day about spring, flowers, gardens, vegetables...much like my conversations with you, when she said, "I saved a lot of flower seeds from last year.  Do you want some?"  To which I replied, "sure!"  Anyway, today she brought me little zipper bags of seeds.  Milk weed, gomphrenia, millet purple majestic, cleome and castor beans.  I'm not sure where they're going to be planted, but I'll find a place.  Time to adjust the container list and the garden plan.


6 comments:

  1. Oooh, that is so awesome! What a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little surprises are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhh it's always nice to get seeds or plants from friends. Good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, new goodies for the garden. LOL! It is amazing how we can always find room for one more flower. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~meemsnyc
    I always knew her husband like to vegetable garden. What a nice surprise that she likes to grow flowers.

    ~tina
    Yes, they are.

    ~Becca's Dirt
    She's pretty cool.

    ~Hocking Hills Gardener
    I'll tuck them all in somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!! I have a friend that shares seed too!! A great treasure. I have tried that purple millet TWICE with no luck around my place. .I hope you have better luck with. .and can't wait to see. My experience with the butterfly weed has been GREAT!! I have 9 more plants waiting to be planted this year. .it germinates pretty easily. .I just ran out of seed!! Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street