Translate

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Keeping The Hoses Off The Plants

Last summer I found myself dragging the hoses to our new planting beds and running over the strawberry plants and the flowers in the bed off the patio.  So, for Christmas, I put garden hose guides on my wish list to Santa.  He delivered two new garden hose guides.  I put the frog by the sidewalk and the dragonfly caddy corner across the stepping stones.


The frog looks like he's guarding the path.


The dragonfly seems to be saying, "this is a nice garden.  Come fly here with me."


The other day I found this artichoke garden hose guide made by the same company.  I brought it home.


It is by the sidewalk opposite the frog.


I'm on the lookout for one more.

9 comments:

  1. Very cute hose guides! I especially love the dragonfly. I have a dragonfly door knocker that looks the same as your hose guide!

    We have the terrific wind today here in GA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha--I didn't know these existed! I would just use wood stakes-how boring :)
    And I have a frog door knocker that looks like your guard frog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, what a great idea! I ran over my irises with my heavy garden hose last year. I'll have to keep a lookout for guides!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherlock,
    I must say that you have found some beauties. There is nothing more annoying than the hosepipe pulling across the corner of a bed and damaging all in it's wake is there? I will keep my eyes open for some more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey. .I love those! Wondering if Santa might divulge where one finds cute hose guides like those!! I am now getting my hoses stuck on multiple limestone rocks. .and across other areas of garden plants too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those look great! I'm always taking out stuff with the hose - my kid...lawn furniture...plants, you know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great! I've been looking for something like that because I'm always running over my flowers. I wonder if I can get them at the local home and garden center.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who knew? Never even heard of hose guides. I have been cursing my hoses rolling over my emerging tulips lately. Now I know how to solve the problem. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who knew? I've never heard of these but they are a great idea. Thanks for the tip. I've got some tulips that are constantly getting battered when I pull out the hose to add water to my back yard water feature. I've not seen these locally, but I didn't know to look for them. I'll hunt catalogs and ebay if I don't find at my local nursery supply.

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street