Translate

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tomato Surprise

This is the newest planting bed in our back garden.  There are a few radishes and some onions planted here.  Plus, I planted pumpkin seeds in the middle by the aqua cone.  Since the soil in this bed came from the wild area where we've tossed a lot of plant material, I'm not surprised to find a few gourds and sunflowers sprouting here as well.


I was surprised to find a tomato.
I had an old cone tomato cage not doing anything, so I put it over the plant.  I don't know what kind of tomato plant it is.  I guess it'll be a surprise.


8 comments:

  1. Sometimes those surprise plants are the most fun anyway!! I'll be interested to see what it is too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few of those too... hate to throw them away, so I potted them up in anticipation of a surprise. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last summer I had some tomato plants pop up in my new flower bed, they didn't produce much (summer was too cool) but they filled in an empty space and looked good. I always cheer for the underdog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love volunteers! I hope your tomato produces, what fun to find that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say that's a very nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing better than volunteers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, let's hope he makes it (are tomatoes 'he's'? - I wouldn't think they are 'she's') Anyways, nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street