Translate

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Two From One

Saturday was a great gardening day.

 The weather was perfect.  My wonderful husband and I went to my favorite greenhouse to purchase annuals for the containers, pepper plants for the vegetable garden and these pretty hanging baskets for our moms.


The purple fountain grass is for two of my containers.


I removed it from the container.


I used some pruners to cut it in half.


As long as you keep good roots on both sides, the plant divides healthy.


I did the same thing to one of the asparagus ferns I overwintered.




It's always nice to get two plants for the price of one.

4 comments:

  1. That's a great idea to get 2 for 1! Glad you had a nice, enjoyable weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip! That is great stuff....you garden and you send the other half to get the plants....I love it!! Wish I had that system going:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do that sometimes. I like how you demonstrated it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was able to divide the clump of the purple fountain grass I overwintered in the greenhouse. I put them around the pond. .Can't wait to see all your container gardens!! By the way. .your spring flowers blooming on your tour look great!

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street