Translate

Sunday, June 19, 2011

There's Life In There

I like to take cuttings from my angel wing begonia houseplant and start new plants during the summer.  They start really well on our front porch.  This year, I put cuttings out there right before a busy weekend.  We left town on a very hot Sunday returning late that night.  I went to work that Monday (another hot, dry day) and when I returned home, the angel wing begonia cuttings looked dead.  I quickly poured water on them and hoped for the best.


This weekend, I spotted a new leaf forming.


All is well.

1 comment:

  1. A very determined plant! I had a funny experience about begonia. My husband bought me a begonia plant from garage sale. After a while it looks bad but suddenly sprouted a new plant from that same pot and grow so fast. don't know how the scentad geranium came to live beside the begonia.

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street