Translate

Monday, July 18, 2011

A New Water Hose

In full disclosure, I have not been asked by Water Right, Inc. or by Margaret Roach to write this post.  I'm receiving nothing for writing this post.  I was not required to write this post in order to win the prize in the first place.

I like to share my garden with you, and I like to share my garden tools/books/decorations with you.  I've posted about hose guides, a clock, a plant stand, my favorite free garden tool, the aqua cones, etc.

In June, Margaret Roach had a giveaway at A Way To Garden.  She purchased the prizes for the winners.  I registered by leaving a comment. 

I was intrigued reading...
"All of Water Right’s hoses (they make coil hoses as well, for smaller jobs) have some unseen features. They are drinking-water safe (most hoses contain and leach lead and other chemicals), made of polyurethane, not PVC, a stronger material requiring fewer “ply.” They have machined fittings made of solid brass plated in chrome. They’re made in the United States, and even come in nice colors (including a new blue shade called “sunken pool” that Martha Stewart selected."

I never dreamed I'd be one of the winners.  Surprise!  I won a Water Right 50-foot Slim & Light hose.  I chose the color eggplant. 

One day it arrived.



Ooooh.  Ahhhh.


On Sunday, I hooked the hose up to one of the faucets.


Compared to what I'm used to pulling around the garden when I use the hand sprayer, this hose is very light.  The hand sprayer felt heavier than the hose.  I'd have to weigh it to know for sure.


It delivered water just fine.  I had great pressure for the hand sprayer even with the slimmer hose than I normally use.

Here's the egg plant hose winding past the hose guides.


It was so easy to pull this hose around the garden and use the hand sprayer.  It's a great hose and I love that it is safe to drink from, has great fittings and is made in the USA.


Thanks Margaret!

14 comments:

  1. I hate pulling the hose around -- does it kink? I hate kinky hoses! And I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always in the market for a good garden hose and I do like the color too~~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the eggplant color! We have water going right now - but realized last night we need to purchase a new sprinkler. So, I'm off to shop for one. I SHOULD research a bit...but I haven't. Oh well. It just needs to deliver the water in a steady, predictable way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well hurrah! Just the thing to make you feel a bit cooler! And I'm with Martha on the kinky hose problem although not having to worry about such things at the moment because it's raining!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on winning the hose! I actually bought one of these (100 feet) and did not have the same experience you have. I ended up getting rid of it. It was very light and easy to hold as you say, but the material kind of stuck to itself so it was impossible to coil up. It twisted and was like wrestling a skinny sticky snake.

    Do you find yours easy to coil?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! I entered that contest too. I'm glad a blogger I know won! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a great product and I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ~Martha
    It did not kink on me. It was so light that at times, more of it was in the air than on the ground. I think that kept it from catching on things and kinking.
    I couldn't resist the color. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ~Laurrie
    It was a little sticky when I first uncoiled it to use. Your description was funny (skinny, sticky snake). Ha! But, I think a few more drags through the dirt and mulch should fix that. As dry as it's been, it just needs some dust like everything else in the garden. I had no trouble recoiling it to lay behind the glider.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not heard of this company before. I'll have to look into it the next time I'm in the market for a hose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE it!! Especially the color. .not green and not black! Enjoy that a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a lefty so I can tangle a hose quicker than anyone!!!! ha ha.... Thanks for the info on this one... I'll keep notes for the next time I'm looking.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I'm going to have to try this one. I hate a hose that does nothing but kink and it's heavy to boot. And I'll try ANYTHING made in the U.S.. Thanks for this post!
    (Wild color, isn't it? The neighbors will REALLY think I'm crazy!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on winning the hose! I remember the contest but don't remember if I entered. I was being very smug about our hoses and then one of the best ones died! Do you use the snap-in connecters? My husband got me into those and they are really great. I can leave the veggie garden hose right in the garden and just snap it to the one that's plugged into the faucet.

    ReplyDelete