Translate

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Parsley Log

I planted flat leaf parsley this year and it has produced some nice looking leaves.


While it is great to have fresh parsley.  I like having some on hand outside the growing season.  In the past, I've put the leaves in an ice cube tray, filled the tray with water and made parsley cubes.
This year, I'm trying Margaret Roach's parsley logs.  Her step by step is pretty clear. Basically, you put the leaves in a zipper bag, squish them down to the bottom forming a log and roll the bag tight putting rubber bands on the log to hold it as a roll.

When you want some parsley, you pull out the log, cut off what you need and return the rest to the freezer. 

One little parsley log read for the freezer.



9 comments:

  1. Oh thanks - I've never heard of that but geesh it makes sense!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting idea. Save some space in the freezer too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this idea! I am going to try this. Thanks for sharing this.
    I use parsley much more frequently now that I can grow it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea with us. It's a great way to have garden parsley after the growing season is over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do this with other herbs like cilantro , dill and mint, although I just fill up a freezer bag with the herb I'm too lazy to bother making a log :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to plant parsley this year. Gotta try this next year, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just did the same thing! Fans of Margaret Roach unite! I also did some herb butters but my husband encouraged more of the logs. I think he was thinking about the cholesterol hit with the butter. I refuse to let the herbs peter out because I didn't cut them regularly this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea. My parsley went crazy this year and I don't want it to go to waste. Definitely going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street