Translate

Monday, September 5, 2011

So Glad It's September

Even though we hit 110 degrees Fahrenheit on September 1st, that extremely hot day was followed by a few cold fronts over the weekend and we're topping out around 75 degrees Fahrenheit today, Labor Day, Monday.

The garden is happy for the cooler temperatures.  I watered everything really well Friday and am gathering seeds where ever I can.  The birds are attacking the gomphrena.  I hurried to get some seeds before the birds eat or scatter them.

The hummingbirds are making good use of the feeders.  

45 degrees last night has me planning on getting some houseplants ready to move in for the winter.  Autumn can be very up and down for temperatures.  One never knows when the first frost will hit.

The September tour photos are one post back or you can find them in the pages in the right hand column as always.  Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear you've finally cooled down. It's been a terrible summer for many this year with the temperatures. Our high today only hit 58 and I spent the afternoon covering all my tomatoes and melons as they are calling for frost.
    Hope you manage to save some of those seeds. I know when the birds find a treasure like that, they'll gobble them all up before you know it!
    Haave a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's literally cold here. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost cold HERE, too! Never got higher than 61 degrees. While we weren't able to eat outside, we DID get out to enjoy some lawn games. GREAT Labor Day fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little jealous....still hot and humid here:) Love that hummer! Happy Labor Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the 70's!! That is just spectacular! Still hot and dry in Texas! Thanks for dropping in to see me, so sweet of you!

    Take care.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've gotten cool here SW of Wichita, too. It feels wonderful - the windows are open and there's a light breeze playing. Now I'm just hoping for rain sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We, too have enjoyed those nicer temps. .but poor Sue, not sure I would be ready for frost yet! I'm so jealous that everyone is seeing hummers but me!! I so think that keeping them around has a lot to do with living in town too. .where there is abundant supplies to keep them enticed. Maybe someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is raining here today. Such a change from last year when Colorado was virtually burning down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your weather sounds like ours. We shouldn't have a frost until October, though.

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street