Translate

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lavender Correction And Last Of The Database

As I worked my way through numerous plant tags, planting maps, receipts and catalog clippings I discovered that I had posted an incorrect variety for one of the lavenders growing at Garden on Sherlock Street.  What was reported as Lavandula x intermidia 'Grosso' in Lavender Longings and Harvesting Lavender is actually Lavandula angustifolia 'Royal Velvet.'  It is the taller of the two lavenders with Lavandula angustifolia 'Buena Vista' the shorter one.  So, I guess that means 'Grosso' died at some point.   Sigh.  Another plant lost.

Here's the last installment of the Plant Database.  In addition to the lost lavender plant, I think some of the other plants listed have perished.  If the plants on this list don't appear this year, I will remove them and look for others to take their place.






7 comments:

  1. I am impressed at the time you put in your data base. Lots of work. I have garden maps which I am redoing this year since more things are becoming permanent here. Great job on yours.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you sure have a lot of plants. I noticed that a substantial amount of your plants have been given to you from relatives, friends, and organizations. I suspect you are well know in the plant community where you live. That's a wonderful influence to have on a community. Spring is now only thirty some days away. I am drooling over the seed catalogs and have to really control my urge to over buy too many seeds. With ever expanding garden ideas washing through my brain, I stand ready to turn that first shovel full of dirt that begins the 2012 gardening season.

    Have a great plant inventorying day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I share plants and plants migrate to me!!! I can't imagine how many I've shared. Some share easier than others--like mint, hens and chicks, asters and salvia.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait for the bulbs to start emerging. .I keep thinking. .any time!! I have seen a few things, but not many when you look at the whole scheme of things. I am happy to report that when I watered the greenhouse just now. .all of the tomato varieties have germinated. .and the peppers have even made a good start too!! The coleus are starting..and a good many of the petunia seeds germinated. HEE HAW!! That really helps at the end of the long winter :-) This cold arctic blast for the last two days has gotten old fast!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must feel good to have the inventory complete and up to date! (for now, anyway!) I'm envious of you and this program. I'm trying to keep better tabs on things in my own garden this year, starting with bulbs that are already emerging.

    It's great to see how many plants have been shared with / given to you and so nice that you've kept track of all that. You are inspiring me!

    By the way, I nominated you for a little blogging award that is circulating. My latest post has the details. I'm a fan of your blog and hope to encourage others to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sweet of you Aimee. It is so nice to find gardening friends through blogging. I'll be by to visit!

      Delete
  5. It is a very organise database since you make different categories for each type of plant.

    ReplyDelete