Translate

Saturday, March 3, 2012

2012 Container Hopes And Dreams

Here is my container plan for 2012.

I keep this list of large outdoor containers in a file on my computer.  I can easily add containers when I find new ones and delete containers when they break.  I try to describe the container and then use a character to mark containers that match such as the ! with galvanized trash can.


Here's my 2011 list, and my 2010 list.

You'll notice I have some letters on the list:  A, B, C, D & E.  I'll just pick up something that looks good when I 'm at the nursery.  I'm just marking them on the list so I can coordinate some matching containers. I'm going with more foliage in the containers than flowers this year.  The heat last summer was not kind to some of my selections leaving me with empty containers.  Bacopa is not on my list this year.  It just up and died on me last summer.  Plans change and there will likely be editing.




7 comments:

  1. You are so organized with your containers and it probably really helps with the planning. I think that could be a good project for me in early spring, writing down all the containers and then keeping that list so I can plan what to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got to be one of the most organized gardeners I know, and I am quite jealous. As for Bacopa, I am right there with you on that one, it dries up sooo quickly, promises loads but doesn't deliver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're much more organized than I am -- I do it from memory and last spring we came home from England so late in the season that I was lucky to find ANYTHING in the garden centers -- plain old begonias were planted in all of my planters and I must say that they performed splendidly -- so begonias it is this year as well -- they are definitely non fussy although they have no real flair as some of the other choices in the garden center have. But come days and days of 100 degree heat and no moisture . . . it's not flair you want but perseverance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isnt it funny how a true gardener always finds a way to organize things. Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed. I do a few containers (mainly single species, nothing fancy at all), but I'm not great at keeping them evenly watered throughout the summer. I look forward to seeing all the wonderful containers that others put together and maintain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pulled in a couple containers and planted nasturium seeds in them. I've never grown those before, and I understand they don't like their roots disturbed. My petunia mixes germinated fairly well, so I hope to put them into containers. .they seem to be what I have the best luck with. .and moss rose :-) Soon it will be time to be planting won't it!! Hoping for some moisture this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow, talk about organized! I love containers in combination with landscaping, I definitely hope to utilize mine this year. Last year they were kind of neglected in favor of my garden beds.

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street