Translate

Monday, March 12, 2012

Planting The Garden (On Paper)

I've been mulling over the placement of vegetables in the raised beds for the coming growing season.
Here's my grand plan.  I expect a few things to be adjusted, and I'll still probably have something grow wild and smother something next to it again.


I have placed some beans and some peas in each bed.


It was so warm this afternoon that I spent some time sitting the cages up in the space as I've planned to get a sense of how well everything will fit.  I'm pretty happy with the layout so far.  The few bits of green you see in this photo to the right of the cold frame is the garlic which I planted last fall.


I also have a berm on the other side of the side walk we're I'm planning to put the melons.  The strawberries almost completely died last summer in the heat.  I haven't decided yet whether to buy more strawberry plants or try to baby the daughter plants and hopefully rebuild my crop from what I have over the next few years.

I'm anxious to plant lettuce, peas, kohlrabi and radishes this week.


8 comments:

  1. You are going to have quite a selection of produce. Like how you planed it out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the new season is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What a great plan. I wish I planned that well. I end up moving everything in the garden over and over until I get it how I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish I had the room for a veggie and fruit garden. Looks like yours will be a nice setup.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  5. Planning is such a great thing to do, hmm maybe I should give it a try!
    Looking forward to seeing your gardens in summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire your ability to plan so well. John loves radishes on his daily tossed salad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire people who can visualize a plan to write down. I just decide as I am planting.

    Oh, and I forgot to tell you thanks for your compliment, and that I read what you said about my blog background after I had changed it again. LOL I tend to like to get in there and mess around with things on my blog. I almost changed the colors of my post and sidebar backgrounds, but decided to leave them alone for now.

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street