Translate

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Scrubbed Well For The Tour

We've received a little over 1.50" of rain here this week.  I don't have an official amount for a rain gauge report because I don't have my rain gauge out for the season yet.  The rain has really made a difference.  Everything is greening up.  Wednesday was our big rain day with everything from mist to gentle rain to downpour to gale force wind with water.  Everything in the garden got wet and scrubbed.  It looks great.  That is why I took this month's garden tour photos on Thursday.  

The forsythia and red bud are blooming.  We have daffodils and a few red tulips.  The seeds I planted in the vegetable garden are sprouting too.  I also peeked at the winter sown seeds today and they're suddenly showing up as well (I was beginning to think they hadn't gotten cold enough since our winter has been so mild.)

You can view the tour photos one post back or in the page Tour Garden On Sherlock Street in the right hand column. 

Enjoy!



8 comments:

  1. So thankful you received the rain. Your home/gardens looks just great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we need some rain here too..we had so much in the fall!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you got some much needed rain. It is amazing what a little rain can do for the garden. Have a terrific weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look to be very well organized in your garden. I have yet to plant anything outside. But today was FABULOUS, so tomorrow I shall be swinging into action, and than I shall be hoping for a bit of rain as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is looking very well organized, I have yet to plant anything outside. But today the weather was warm and beautiful, so I am full of good intentions for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am hoping we get some rain around here this weekend. I am starting to see green here and there in your gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you recv'd some rain. That should get things going in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must be great to get some rain and seeing the plants get revitalised. I know that down in England they are desperate for rain and there's still none forecast for this week.

    ReplyDelete