Translate

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Jerusalem Sage

This is Phlomis russeliana, Jerusalem Sage.  It has a nice spot in the front garden under the canopy of a forsythia bush.


It is not a bold plant that catches your eye in a landscape, but it has very interesting flowers.



I don't do anything for this plant.  It gets water when it rains and when I run the soaker hoses for the planting beds.  It comes back each year and blooms.  Super easy.

This post is property of http://gardenonsherlockstreet.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. Gotta love those easy plants...when I read it's name I imagined it to be purple...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I not only haven't heard of this one before but haven't seen it before either. Very interesting blooms on it.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen this plant although I have heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the best kind of plants to have... Our Autumn Joy Sedum is like that... Takes no work at all --and they just keep on coming back!!!!

    Love your Jerusalem Sage... So pretty.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of that one either. .wondering where you found it? Intriguing yellow blooms for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great plant that is reliable and green! I like the ones that require as little effort as possible:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that plant and wish I had one for my garden. It sounds like a wonderful plant too. Do you save seeds? (hint, hint) LOL!

    ReplyDelete