...ran the soaker hoses in the oval bed and the bed with the burgundy blanket flower.
...stored the owls for winter.
...removed several annual flowers that are done.
...found a black widow spider in the garage. I sprayed the area, and I stepped on the one I found to make sure it was dead. I don't take chances with black widows. Eeeeek! It was by the wheel barrel I needed to haul dirt from the space where I toss plant debris to compost. I am topping my vegetable beds with good soil.
...topped the vegetable beds with good soil.
...planted garlic in one of the vegetable beds. Some of the garlic I had saved for seed was a little soft. Maybe it didn't get cured enough last summer before I stored it. I raided the garlic I had put in the kitchen for cooking to add to the seed stash.
...stored the plant cages on top of the vegetable beds for winter.
...filled the hole I dug with plant debris to make more good soil.
...poured the bath water on the newly planted garlic, the lettuce, the kohlrabis and the containers. We will cease saving bath water. I have rain barrels to empty and we're going to get colder soon.
This post is property of http://gardenonsherlockstreet.blogspot.com/