Translate

Monday, October 15, 2012

Harvested Lettuce

Today in the garden...

...poured the bath water on the irises and plumbago under the locust tree; the spider plants in hanging baskets on the patio; and the lettuce and kohlrabis in the vegetable garden.
...ran the soaker hoses in the back shrub border.
...harvested two spaghetti squash and one acorn squash from the dry vines.
...finally removed the tomato, pepper and squash plants that died in the freeze.
...harvested lettuce.  I think this is the first fall ever that I've gotten lettuce to grow to eating size.




4 comments:

  1. You are doing some fancy footwork trying to put water on your garden. I feel for you. Your lettuce looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lettuce??? It looks great and healthy. Enjoy it. We get to start this stuff up soon here:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, congrats on the lettuce---it looks tasty!
    I wish I could send you some of the rain we've been getting for the past week. I'm starting to get water in the basement. Why is it all or none anymore??

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely crop! I have a small fall crop going, and have picked a little.

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street