Translate

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Just A Little Note

Today in the garden...
...removed the frozen plants from the containers on the patio.  When I dumped out the clay containers, there were ice crystals around the edge of the soil.  I have my experimental purple fountain grass overwintering project and the gooseneck loosestrife still in containers to water if needed.
...found the lettuce got a little nipped in the cold frame but mostly looks fine.
...noted that we got down to 3 degrees Fahrenheit Monday morning.  Brrrrrrrrr!
...still no rain.


This post is property of http://gardenonsherlockstreet.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. 3 degrees F ~ YIKES! It is in the high 70's and feels like it's low 80's and very humid down here. I've got the a.c. on. Hope your purple fountain grass and the loosestrife survive the winter.

    Have lovely holidays ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are way colder than we are here yet. Can't stand it when it gets that cold.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad things haven't gotten that cold around here.

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street