Translate

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Even More Rare Purple Bachelor Button

I posted about the rare pink bachelor button last weekend.  Imagine my surprise when I found this purple bachelor button in the garden.



In other garden news, the teepee trellises are up.
Planning to plant purple hyacinth bean vine seeds around them.
They are surrounded with bachelor button and sunflower plants currently.  Some of those will stay.


And, the vegetable garden got some straw mulch.
It's a mess in the photo, but I've tidied up since then.


7 comments:

  1. What a great "sport" of your bachelor buttons...such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a purple too...I think the seeds I bought had all different colors. Your vege garden looks great! What are the bottles for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The milk containers are now filled with water and are windbreaks for the transplanted peppers and tomatoes.
      The upside down soda bottles have the bottom cut off and are attached to a 'spike' with holes. I fill them with water and it goes to the plant's roots.

      Delete
  3. That is a unique color! Everything looks great. Hope you guys enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your teepee trellises! What a great idea! How fun to find different colors of old favorites. I love the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I purchased a package of mixed colors Bachelor Button seeds several years ago, so I'm not sure they are rare. Surprising to find in your garden, perhaps, especially if you didn't plant them in the first place. Perhaps it's a seed from another garden? Mine all reverted to the blue, for the most part, or at least those are the seeds that reseeded the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the bachelor buttons. .Are they a type of Aster?

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street