Translate

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

2013 Back Garden Containers IV

Some containers are at their prime in the back garden too.
Some containers are waning also.

Again, I don't know why Blogger puts some of the photos to one side and other in the center.  I tried to center everything and it just wouldn't cooperate.

May 20
purple angelonia and silver falls dichondra

July 1
purple angelonia and silver falls dichondra

August 6
purple angelonia and silver falls dichondra
September 4

*****

May 20
green sweet potato vine

July 1
green sweet potato vine

August 6

green sweet potato vine

September 4

*****

May 20
asparagus fern and rose moss   

July 1
asparagus fern and rose moss

May 20
ice plant

July 1
ice plant

August 6

asparagus fern and rose moss
ice plant

September 4

*****
May 20
variegated sweet potato vine and wave petunias

July 1
variegated sweet potato vine, fiber optic grass and wave petunias 

August 6
variegated sweet potato vine, fiber optic grass and wave petunias
September 4

*****

May 20
ice plant and rose moss

July 1
ice plant and rose moss

August 6
ice plant and rose moss

September 4


*****

May 20
white wave petunia

July 1
white wave petunia and morning glory

August 6

white wave petunia and morning glory
September 4

*****

May 20
vincas

July 1
begonias

August 6

September 4

*****

May 20
dianthus

dianthus
July 1
dianthus

August 6

dianthus

September 4

*****

May 20
vincas

July 1
vincas

August 6


September 4

*****

May 20
impatiens

July 1
impatiens
August 6
impatiens

September 4

*****

May 20
caladiums   

July 1
caladiums

August 6
caladiums

September 4

*****

May 20
white bacopa
gold dust mecardonia and wandering jew cuttings
gold dust mecardonia and wandering jew cuttings

July 1
white bacopa
gold dust mecardonia and wandering jew cuttings
gold dust mecardonia and wandering jew cuttings

August 6

white bacopa
gold dust mecardonia and wandering jew cuttings
gold dust mecardonia and wandering jew cuttings

September 4

*****

This post is property of http://gardenonsherlockstreet.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. You have so many containers!!! I like the rustic ones. There are so many plants that have to be moved but I don't want to do it with all this yucky heat. I especially have a lot of cacti that have to go into the ground. You certainly utilize every one of them:) As for why blogger places pics etc....beats me. The same thing happens to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how different plants look from one month to the next... AND--some look better in May or June --and others look better in July--and others look better in September. BUT--overall, it looks like August was your best month... Great photos.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the planters turned out to be beautiful. I have similar plants in containers but I did have to water so much to keep them alive. Great shots. It was fun to watch them grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showing the containers at different times of the growing season. I'm impressed with the variety of containers as much as with the plants you have growing in them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of containers. I think my favorite has to be the caladiums.

    On the centering are you familiar with html on your blog? The way I do it is I click the icon for centering in the compose mode, then I go to html to add my photos since I upload them elsewhere. Usually all stays well unless I begin typing then add late pictures. In that case I may have to go into either html or compose mode, highlight the picture or text, then click center if that is what I need. I center all of mine for simplicity. You did a good job. Just that bit of text. Highlight and center and see if that works from compose, if not then go to html and fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your containers. How do you find time to water them all? I have very few this year. Some day when I'm retired and can go outside to play in the garden in the morning instead of going to work.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was fun seeing all of the transformations through the season! I am so not ready for these shorter days we are having.

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street