Translate

Friday, September 6, 2013

2013 Front Garden Containers IV

Some containers are at their prime.
Some containers are waning.

Don't know why Blogger puts some of the photos to one side and others in the center.  I tried to center everything and it just wouldn't cooperate.

May 20
purple fountain grass
purple sweet potato vine and white wave petunia
purple fountain grass

July 1
purple fountain grass
purple sweet potato vine and red wave petunia
purple fountain grass

August 6

purple fountain grass
purple sweet potato vine and red wave petunia
purple fountain grass

September 4

*****

May 20
white wave petunia and purple hyacinth bean vine seeds

July 1   
white wave petunia and purple hyacinth bean vine seeds


August 6
white wave petunia and purple hyacinth bean vine seeds
September 4

8 comments:

  1. I admire you and L.D. in Iowa for growing such pretty container plants!

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bean vine certainly did well for you, didn't it?
    I have very few container plants myself, so enjoy seeing yours. I think I'm just not organized/disciplined enough to care for them properly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful.
    I just adore the purple fountain grass. I tried growing some from seed I got as a gift, but they didn't turn purple. Hmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your plants did very well in the containers. Do you dare the fountain grass in the ground or is it too invasive??? It takes over whole yards when people let it. My containers were the only real garden I had this year considering flowers. I had a few stray roses but nothing to brag about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our winters kill purple fountain grass even any seeds I guess. I have tried overwintering it in various ways with no luck. Not invasive for me.

      Delete
  5. They really look great! I love how full and lush they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They really look great! I love how full and lush they are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing the progression of things. I see that your purple hyacinth beans are doing well.They were fun to grow weren't they?
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street