Translate

Monday, September 23, 2013

No Fuss Dill Pickles


The cooler weather and rain at the beginning of August gave my cucumber plants a boost.  They were producing like crazy.  We ate tons of fresh cucumbers.  I made some Fast Pickles which are sweet pickles, but I wanted some dill pickles too.  Before my wonderful husband and I left for our vacation, I searched the internet for a recipe to make refrigerator dill pickles.  I found two that didn't have a lot of extra stuff in the ingredient list.  I didn't want them to be hot or spicy, etc.  I settled on the recipe shared one post back because the brine didn't require cooking.  I had harvested garlic earlier in the summer and I stole some dill sprigs from the swallowtail caterpillars.  After scrubbing the cucumbers and cleaning the jars, I put it all together.  Then, I tucked the jars in the refrigerator and left town while they 'pickled.'

WH and I recently opened a jar of the pickles and they are perfect!  A new recipe for my collection.  The cucumber plants have slowed dramatically, but I'm ready for next year.

I found the recipe at  http://www.annies-eats.com/2013/08/05/refrigerator-dill-pickles/

This post is property of http://gardenonsherlockstreet.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. I started making these as well -- we LOVE them! Alas, I have to buy my cucumbers and you have to get the little guys but they are good -- there is now always a jar in our fridge.

    And they're not "rubbery" which is what I found home canned dill pickles to always be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me craving dill pickles now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. .I will sure have to try that!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street