Translate

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Cold And Snowing


Hello from freezing Garden on Sherlock Street!!

Like much of the country, we're COLD!  And, we're getting a little snow.  I've been waiting for my December garden tour photos hoping for some snow.  Maybe I'll take them tomorrow.

The main thing I'm doing in the garden these days is feeding the wildlife.
A friend gave me some dried ears of corn from their fields so even the squirrels will get to dine this winter.  I hope to get some cute photos of them.

All the containers that are going to be cleaned out for the season are clean and stored.  I'm tending to the plants I brought in for the winter.  A few geraniums have died, but the others look very happy and are starting to grow into each other. 

We are deep into Christmas plans and activities.  Our city's Christmas parade is tonight.  We will bundle up for that and then my wonderful husband's company Christmas party follows.  It's a casual affair which is good as I'm going in snow boots and multiple layers of clothing. 

Be well!  Stay warm!


6 comments:

  1. Have a lovely evening and a wonderful Christmas holiday season.

    Love and hugs to you and your dear husband ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis the season to be jolly. Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la. Cold, snow, and Christmas kind of go together, don't you think? It's cold here too. Below zero temperatures with possible snow. I knew Winter would make here. I got all my garden clean up finished just in time.

    Have a great party night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got the cold, but alas, (and thankfully) no ice or snow! Have fun at your Christmas parade -- ours was Tuesday -- when it was WARM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two downey woodpeckers that are enjoying my suet cake also. One has a redder top notch than the other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are 'enjoying' cold weather as well, but so far we've only had rain instead of snow. All of our feeders have been busy, however. I still have some cleaning up to do in our yard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now what a cute little Downy!!! Now it's time to relax and dream of more garden planning in spring:) Best time of year......when we don't have to do too much work:)

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street