Translate

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Day In The Garden

The temperature was a bit cool today, but it was sunny and there was no wind.  
A day to be in the garden!

I fixed a soaker hose and dug up some weeds.

Then, I dug up some daylilies just off the patio which haven't been blooming.  I'm guessing they're in too much shade.  The plants look healthy though.  They went out into the alley where they'll get a lot of sunshine.


The final project I worked on is for a piece of art I'm adding to the garden.  We have some concrete pieces from tearing out a slab that used to be under a shed in our back garden.  I placed some of them in a ring inside one of my flower beds.




The plan is to fill in the ring with dirt, place a flat paver in the center and set the art on top of the paver.  Can't wait to share the art with you.  Before I haul dirt to the ring, I'm going to have my wonderful husband check it out and get his opinion.

I also watered the veggie seeds I planted last week and updated a few flower lists.  
So glad for a day in the garden.

10 comments:

  1. We are not having many days warm enough to be outside yet, but I plan to work outside tomorrow, since it's supposed to get into the 60s. It is supposed to be quite windy, but maybe that will help me burn more calories. ;o)

    I look forward to seeing your art and new planting area.

    Oh, and I haven't watered the vegetable seeds I planted, and am thinking I normally don't, but this year, it is pretty dry, so maybe I should water them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the new art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GonSS, it feels good to be scratching around in the garden even if the plants aren't growing much just yet, doesn't it. Maybe I'll get to do that today as well. The temperature will be co operating but with 55 MPH winds gusts it will be difficult to really do much. Tomorrow will be more of the same except with rain. Don't you just love March weather?

    Have a great design day in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a very productive day in the garden and I am really looking forward to seeing what your garden art is going to be.

    Happy Spring ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. We planted some Oriental ordered Charlotte,my oldest daughter loves gardening,and I about 24 bulbs each. She sent me gladiola bulbs but today was a little chilly for me. They sent me 3 Gloxinia tubulars free. I looked them up and they look good. we will find out. Glad your snow is gone. Always ask the hubby's advice and then go ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't planted glads for a few years. I wonder if I could do them in a container? I agree on the hubby comment. :-)

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you had a good day for being out in the garden. Hopefully we will soon warm up from yesterday's snow flurries and I can get into our yard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great plan and use of material. Cannot wait to see what you plant in it and the finished art work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, We are back from ANOTHER trip. This time we were in Georgia checking out yet another waterfall... Check my blog today when you get a chance.

    Glad you had a great day working in your garden... Looks like Spring is ALMOST here for all of us.... Yeah!

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with when the final artwork is in place. I like adding a focal point to the garden - it's always a conversation started and adds to the design. Good luck and enjoy the spring weather!

    ReplyDelete