Translate

Sunday, April 6, 2014

New Houseplants

I finally put some plants in the pots my sister-in-law sent me for Christmas.  She's currently living in South Korea with her husband who is stationed there at an army base.

The shapes of the pots are very different from anything I've seen before.

Both plants are a type of sedum.  I will keep them inside the house in a sunny location.  They're small right now, but should eventually hang over the sides a bit.

Donkey Tail "Burrito" Sedum Hybrid

Donkey Tail "Burrito" Sedum Hybrid

Kalanchoe longiflora coccinea

Kalanchoe longiflora coccinea

7 comments:

  1. Nice pots, yes the shape is unusual. I like sedums too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning to you, The plant pots you received are such a wonderful Christmas gift from your sister-in-law. I love the glaze on the pots.... they almost seem to shimmer in the light. It certainly will not take long for the succulents to grow and they will look fabulous in your new pots.... the added bonus is you will always smile and think of your brother and sister-in-law when you look at the pots.
    Enjoy your day.
    Best wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tall pot will be perfect for the Donkey Tail--they cascade beautifully. I have one---and a tip for you--you need to keep rotating the pot or they will curl up trying to reach the light.
    Have a wonderful week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. I'll keep them turning. :-)

      Delete
  4. The pots are neat. I like the top sedum as it looks like little bundles of green. I have not ever seen that kind of kalanchoe before now. I hope they do well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GonSS, Sedum? Very different than what I had in my mind. Maybe there's different kinds of sedum. I always thought it was kind of a ground cover of sorts. Is it just for looks or can it be eaten? A house plant maybe? You can see that I'm not an expert on plants.

    Have a great day in the Kansas sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are tons of sedums. These are not cold hardy so they will be inside during winter for sure, but probably all the time as I don't want something to knock over these special pots.

      Delete