Translate

Monday, June 2, 2014

1st 2014 Container Parade 4

Since we have more watering restrictions than normal, I cut back on the container plantings this year. 
I like to take photos of the containers through the growing season to show how they change.
This is part of the parade of containers for 2014.

To cut back on plantings, but still utilize all the galvanized containers I leave outside all year, I stacked some of them.  The bottom tub has bacopa (and my ceramic frog).  The galvanized bucket has no plants.  It is a pedestal for a clay pot of ice plant I overwintered.
To the far left, there's a little container with wandering Jew.

ice plant/bacopa/wandering Jew

5 comments:

  1. I like the "stacked" look--and I STOLE that idea for my herbs iin pots by the back door. Looks great. Thanks for the idea
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like seeing your ingenuity with your containers to help you grow things with your drought conditions.

    Happy Gardening and have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. GonSS, you always find such wonderful things to use for flower containers. It's a great way to repurpose cast off things.

    We are bracing up for another round of storms headed our way. The forecast is for another inch or two of rain with strong winds again. This time the threat of large hail and possible tornadoes are in the forecast. It's all supposed to start about 3pm this afternoon and run until midnight. I don't know how much more of this the garden will be able to with stand. I'm wondering if I will ever get the rest of the it planted.

    Have a great decorating the garden day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like systems set up like that. I hope everything bounces back. Hoping for some rain tonight ourselves.

      Delete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street