Translate

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

1st 2014 Container Parade 5

Since we have more watering restrictions than normal, I cut back on the container plantings this year. 
I like to take photos of the containers through the growing season to show how they change.
This is part of the parade of containers for 2014.

The trash cans have galvanized buckets holding clay pots with white blooming geraniums.  The geranium on the left is looking pretty rough from being inside all winter.  There may be a swap out if it doesn't make it.  The trash cans also have asparagus ferns and rose moss planted around the buckets.  The water jug in the middle has a clay pot of Jacob's coat on it.  The little clay pot to the left on the patio floor is a small amaryllis I keep hoping will bloom.  The little clay pot to the right on the patio floor is a cactus.

geranium/asparagus fern/rose moss/Jacob's coat/amaryllis/cacti

3 comments:

  1. I have my containers out also although am going to put a couple things in the ground I believe. Sounds like you have some good things growing there.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you used the trash cans, it bring the garden up a level. I am wondering with the trash cans did you fill them with dirt...that would be allot of dirt or did you use something else as a filler?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie,
      I like having the taller planting space with those trash cans. I put plastic containers from some trees we purchased in the bottom upside down. So, there is a void in there. But, they are still heavy. I really don't ever move them.

      Delete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street