Translate

Friday, August 8, 2014

Tomato Sauce 2

Tomato Sauce 2

1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, lightly crushed and peeled
4 cups of fresh ripe tomatoes, chopped
4 fresh basil leaves, chopped

In a large saucepan, gently heat oil.  Add garlic.  Cover and simmer until garlic is soft.  Mash garlic.  Add tomatoes and basil.  Cover and bring to boil over medium heat.  Remove cover and boil for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes.  Mash tomatoes.  Simmer and mash three more times. Sauce will be chunky. May puree to make smooth.  Serve at once, or allow to cool and freeze.

Makes 4 cups


4 comments:

  1. What an easy, delicious sounding recipe. I just might try this, since you can freeze it instead of canning, something I don't even know how to do.

    Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. ,,If you have weeds, you don't have enough flovers." - I should remember and put a plate on a garden pergola to resemble. I like some weeds in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very pleased with your visit to my blog.
    Pleased to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Somehow I missed this post.. Maybe it was when we were on my Birthday Trip.... Anyhow--that tomato sauce sounds delicious. Thanks for the recipe.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street