Translate

Monday, December 29, 2014

Garden Gifts for GonSS

Hello!  Hope this finds you well and continuing to feed your gardening soul.

We are good at GonSS.  The holiday season kept us busy, busy.  We enjoyed many gatherings with family and friends.  We ate our share of holiday treats.  We sang Christmas carols (hopefully the people in the pew in front of us in church didn't mind our voices), and we counted our blessings for this past year.  We're also trying to complete a remodeling project.  The end is in sight!

We are looking forward to ringing in 2015 in some relaxing way with just the two of us.  There will likely be a meal out at a favorite local restaurant involved.  We're also going to be huddled indoors for the next week.  An arctic front is dropping our temperature as I type this.  The crazy cold wind chills will be the worst.  We may also get a bit of snow.  Perhaps the January garden tour photos will sport some snow.

Santa delivered many nice gifts to this gardener.  I thought I would share with you the two gardening gifts I received from my wonderful husband's parents.

These two hangers are so cute!  Now to decide where they will go.


There are ten plant labels in each package.  Some of them are going to be used in the vegetable garden.  Maybe next year, I won't have to wait until the summer squash plants make produce to know which plant is which.  :-)


The only gardening gift Santa didn't deliver were hyacinth bulb vases.  This past fall, I bought more bulbs than I have vases for.  My plan is to utilize some other containers this year in various ways and keep my eyes open for hyacinth vases for next year.  The hyacinth bulbs are currently in the refrigerator.  I'll post on their progress.

Happy, happy new year!  Be well my gardening friends.

14 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great Christmas. It is hard to think garden when it is getting so cold. We drop to single digits tonight. Your hooks look great. You will get it figured out by spring. Have a great new year especially in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very cute!

    Please stay warm and well.

    xo

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those forcing vases! And there's nothing like hyacinths before Spring! I do my paperweights first, then the hyacinths -- it takes me through January and February! Like your garden gifts -- I got a new pair of gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gifts are fantastic. I realized that I have never received a gardening gifts under the Christmas tree. And I would like this to get. For the year...?
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the garden themed hooks--how cute!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always fun to get gardening gifts.

    I just googled those vases and came up with this link that sounds pretty reasonable to me. One for $5.95, six for $4.66 each, and so on. Forcing vases are near the bottom of the page.

    http://www.marysgardenpatch.com/holiday-gifts

    Have fun, keep warm and cozy and have a wonderful 2015.

    Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info. Forcing bulbs gets some blooms going early for us.

      Delete


  7. GonSS, yes, we here in Nebraska are holding at -2 and 10 to 20 wind. The sun is shining brightly and it looks to be a nice day until one steps out of the door. Fortunately, I don't have to leave the house unless I want to. I'm working on a winter growing system in my basement so that should keep me busy until I need the shop lights from home depot. I'm not real big on New Year's Eve celebrations and usually snooze the new year into existence. So I won't be out in the cold too much during the next two days. By Thursday the temperatures are supposed to be above freezing with bright sunshine again. Above freezing with sunshine is always a good day in January and February. I'm looking forward to seeing your Winter snow photos of the garden.

    Have a great post Christmas/pre New Year day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year. We have a dinner out together on our New Year's Eve Celebration itinerary, but otherwise, it will be a quiet relaxed evening. Be well!

      Delete
  8. Love your new garden hooks! Wish I could loan you my hyacinth vases--I forgot to buy any bulbs for indoors this fall, so it could be a long, bloomless winter here. Wishing you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like Santa knew exactly what to get you. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Look forward to seeing what you have planned for the garden this next year. Happy New Year! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great gifts! I love those hooks. :o) I forgot to buy hyacinth bulbs but need to keep an eye out for them all ready chilled at our local stores. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi There, Happy New Year. Looks like you got some great gardening gifts for Christmas.... We gardeners love those kinds of gifts, don't we?????

    Hope 2015 is a great year in your garden.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanted to drop back by to wish you a very Happy New Year! xo

    Now, as to the drawing, I would be happy to swap a gardening book for the tablescape book if I draw your name. I would love for you to have a chance to win, and since you have been a follower and vice versa, I would gladly make the swap for you. But I also respect people who don't like to be in drawings. So either works for me. :-)

    xoxox

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street