Translate

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

New Old Container

Here's my latest metal container find for the garden.
I've never seen a galvanized tub with vertical ribs before.  It also has some red paint remnants around the top edge on one side.  I wonder if it had a "logo" or something painted on it. 


It comes with drainage holes built in!
That is daylight along the circle in the lower left.


I will wait to plant it next spring.  For now, it is a great place to sit a start of Jacob's coat on in front of my trash can planters.


The trash cans are not full of soil.  I have some plastic pots upside down in them, but they are still heavy and do not get moved.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it!
    I have a similar one---and it has "built in drainage holes" as well--LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great container! I've never seen one like it either.

    A nice piece to add to your collection.

    Enjoy your week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. I converted a rusted out galvanized tub into a planter this year and it is the best raised bed I've ever had. I'd love to find a whole bunch of these at a yard sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very inventive.
    In Poland, the drought and watch your garden and your ideas.

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street