Translate

Friday, July 29, 2016

Late July Lettuce


I cannot believe I harvested lettuce. this morning.  I was thrilled that I got some Independence Day Weekend.  Then, I actually quit watering the lettuce because I thought it was starting to bolt and we got a lot hotter temperatures; but rains came, and while it slowed, it still grew.  Usually, I'm lucky if it even hangs on to bloom for the pollinators and maybe make seed this late in the summer.  This morning, I could not deny that there was enough lettuce for us to have a good sized salad again.  Just amazed!  Love fresh lettuce from the garden.


7 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I love salads in the summertime, especially. Wishing you guys a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm anxiously awaiting my second sowing to mature. I love salads and they always disappear from the garden right when you want a nice cold salad on a hot day! Hope it was delicious!--I'm envious.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat!

    Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your lettuce looks so tasty! I cut mine back a couple of weeks ago because it was starting to bolt, and I doubt I will get any more to pick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My---that looks DELICIOUS... Reminds me of being a child and eating lettuce like that from my Mom's garden... YUM.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing! I've never had that happen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is truly amazing! It looks so lush, too. Should be about time to start a fall crop - and it sounds like it might be a good year to do so.

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street