Translate

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Thursday, March 9, 2017


Another beautiful afternoon to be in the garden.  The calmer weather has allowed the firefighters to get the area wildfires under control.  So sad to hear of the damage.  We had a tiny chance of rain this weekend, but I just checked the forecast and it's been removed.  As I dug in the soil, I could see how dry it has become.  So, I ran a soaker hose while I pulled weeds, moved some of my galvanized containers, fixed the weather vane and enjoyed the birds!  Above is some garden art that needs paint.  I'm thinking red.  Hope your March has good weather for the garden.


4 comments:

  1. So sorry that Kansas is being hit so badly by wildfires again this spring. Incredibly frightening....but I'm very glad that the ones nearest to you have been controlled.

    I can't decide if I like the idea of painting your wonderful little iron "wreath with watering pot" bright red...or if I would vote to just let it get rustier. I guess that would be "red" in a way, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about the wildfires in your area -- I hope they are not as bad as what we had here in eastern Tennessee. We've had some beautiful weather, ut now Old Man Winter is staging a comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great sign! I recently repainted one of mine, well parts of it I painted and it looks much better and welcoming.

    Hope you get some rain soon. I've also been working outside and it has been gorgeous! Summer heat and humidity will be here all too soon.

    Have a wonderful weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!
    What a great sing. I like the red color.
      I, m sorry to hear. I hope that the situation is under control.

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street