Translate

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Saturday, April 8, 2017


It is a beautiful spring day at Garden on Sherlock Street.  Planted some Russian Sage that a friend was removing from a bed -- always saving plants, put some carrot and lettuce seeds in the ground, my wonderful husband mended a garden hose that had developed a couple of serious kinks and I checked out the newest tulip to bloom.  Love this color.  Unfortunately, I only have about 25% of these tulips this year because something dug most of them up over the winter.  I was hoping a squirrel replanted them in other places, but so far no surprise tulips in our garden.  At least I still have some.  Enjoy your weekend!

8 comments:

  1. That is a lovely tulip. Great to get some Russian Sage from a friend's garden. Kinks in hoses are a real pain.

    Happy Gardening dear friend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russian sage is one tough plant---and so beautiful. They just "hum" with bees in summer.
    I wish I could be planting carrots..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to receive the Russian Sage. Your tulip is so pretty. I know you are enjoying your yard again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Russian sage! I have a plant...wonder how to divide it????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you see my recent post about our Tulips? The Chipmunks/Squirrels dig up the bulbs thinking they are NUTS for them I guess... We can't get many tulips to come back either --for that reason...

    Now--when I plant Tulips, I put them next to Daffodils --since the critters don't like Daffodils.. That helps ---and the ones I have planted near Daffodils came back (most of them)....

    beautiful Tulip.. Love the color.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is too bad that your tulip bulbs disappeared. Our ground freezes so they can't be snatched.

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street