Translate

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Sunday, July 2, 2017

This was the front walk at Garden on Sherlock Street for about 18 years.  It was made of limestone rocks from my parents' farm.  It had been getting rough for a while, so we decided to make a change.


Here's my wonderful husband working over the sand bed after we dug all the rocks out of the walk.  The rocks will be used in other places in the garden.


We took a couple of days off work and most of last weekend to lay brick pavers instead.


Our pattern included a design with flowing lines.  WH did a great job of cutting the pavers.


Here it is complete!  Look for it in the next batch of tour photos coming soon.



4 comments:

  1. Wow, great job and I just love the colors of the bricks.

    Happy 4th ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh, what a different look. I'm well aware of how much work that was and cost. I would be recovering for a day or two from that much work. Kudos to your husband. He did a great job of laying the brick. That should last a life time for sure.

    Have a great 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've never crawled around on my knees so much for each of those days. We're on to the next project which will finally remove all the lawn from our front garden and use those rocks we removed (plus, a few more we had stashed that someone was just giving away). :-)

      Delete
  3. Hello!
    Fantastic work! The sidewelk looks amazing right now.

    ReplyDelete

All comments go through "comment moderation." You will not see your comment on the website immediately. I want to read every comment. By using "comment moderation," I won't miss a single one. Thank you for visiting "Garden on Sherlock Street." Happy gardening! ~Gardener on Sherlock Street